Peboryon Salted Toffee Sauce Recipe
This is a fantastically simple and delicious recipe for a caramel sauce that we have adapted from Tartine’s original to complement our sticky toffee cake.
150ml Double Cream
5ml Vanilla Extract
65g Unsalted Butter – cut into cubes
1. Put the water into a large heavy bottomed pan and add the sugar, glucose and salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Put the double cream and vanilla in another pan and heat until it just comes to a boil and then reduce the heat right down.
3. Continue heating the sugar and skim off any scum.
4. Once the sugar reaches a light amber colour take off the heat and pour in the heated cream whisking vigorously.
5. Once the bubbling subsides set the pan aside and allow to cool for 10 mins. Then gradually whisk in the butter.
6. Pop the caramel into two 300ml sterilized jars and see if you can make it last for more than a day!