Peboryon Sticky Toffee Cake Recipe
Sticky Toffee Cake
There is something about this cake that feels like alchemy. Simple ingredients combined in a specific way that produces cake gold.
Plain Cake Flour 300 g
Baking Powder 7 g
Caster Sugar 150 g
Eggs 150 g
Water 330 ml
Chopped Dates 140 g
Bicarbonate of soda 7 g
Salt 1 g
Vanilla Extract 5 ml
Unsalted Butter 40 g
2 x 8” Round tins, hand whisk, medium pan
1. Line the base of the cake tins and preheat the oven to 180c
2. Add the dates and the water to a pan and bring to a boil then switch off.
3. Stir in the butter and then add the bi-carbonate of soda and leave to cool for 5 mins.
4. Weigh out the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then mix together.
5. In a separate bowl mix the eggs and vanilla together
6. Add the wet ingredients into the flour mix
7. Mix until well combined
8. Divide the mix between the two tins and bake for 20 mins.
9. Bring out of the oven and leave for 5 mins to cool then take out of the tins and put on a cooling rack.
10. Fill with German buttercream and caramel sauce and enjoy.